A story meeting planners know all too well...
Removable contract line items designed to coerse you into using the hotel's preferred vendors
- Any language insinuating that additional charges, penalty or fees could be incurred for contracting with your preferred vendor instead of the hotel’s preferred vendor.
- Any language claiming a dispute with the hotel’s exclusive preferred vendors for erroneous charges or other incidents may not be disputed through the hotel management with which you signed the agreement with.
- Inflated insurance coverage requirements
- Requirements to supplement preferred vendors staff with hotel’s preferred vendor staff
- Any type of liaison or supervisor fees required for load-in and load-out of equipment.
- Any loading dock or freight elevator charges, fees or SOP that create additional costs.
- Unattainable time requirements for submitting plan, diagrams and production schedules.
- Production guidelines designed to slow down and create additional costs to your preferred vendor but are not enforced with the hotel’s preferred vendor.
- Any deposits required by your preferred vendor in addition to insurance requirements.
- Fees to plug into existing wall electrical outlets.
- Language prohibiting you from creating your own WiFi hotspots or bringing in your own preferred vendor for internet connectivity.